LEADING IN UNCERTAINTY & CHANGE WORKSHOP
February 11, 2020
11:00am – 15:00pm EST
This half day workshop will draw on the work of Dr Richard Plenty & Terri Morrissey and their recently published book “Uncertainty Rules? Making Uncertainty Work for You”.
This workshop will be interactive and will explore the major challenges facing today’s airport leaders. It will propose strategies and skills required to not only survive in uncertain times but to help people take advantage of the personal and professional opportunities that uncertain times can bring. Leaders need to develop new ways of thinking and acting in prolonged crisis environments. A positive and proactive approach to dealing with uncertainty is key.
The workshop will comprise 4 separate modules of 50 minutes each, with 10 minute breaks between each module:
- Module 1 The airport context. We consider how the current pandemic and the uncertainty associated with it has impacted the industry, focusing on the impact on passengers and employees. We look at some key questions: How does the pandemic affect people? To fly or not to fly? Will I still have a job? Does aviation have a future?
- Module 2 A framework for uncertainty. We live in a world where uncertainty is inevitable. We will examine the implications of this in some depth and explore how we can best navigate through uncertainty. We introduce the Richmor Model and explain how it can be used
- Module 3 Leading in uncertainty. We look in more detail at some of the key components of the Richmor Model and what they mean in practice
- Making the time to think
- Thinking strategically
- Exploring and experimenting
- Acting decisively
- Module 4 Leadership competencies. We examine the key competencies needed to effect change in uncertain environments: strategic, relationship and personal. How can I best communicate? How do I build trust? How can I develop resilience and mental toughness? We look at the importance of having a clear sense of purpose and developing self- awareness of our own style and impact on others
At the end of this workshop participants should have developed a better understanding of how to deal with uncertainty and make sense of the current context.
It will also give participants an opportunity to reflect, take stock and develop their own leadership style to meet the ever changing demands of a complex world.
As a workshop delegate you will receive a copy of the eBook: Uncertainty Rules? Making Uncertainty Work for You